Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pasta Roni! (My new best friend)

Last Friday, while Nicole was over for lunch, we watched Giada make this really yummy Carbonara. It looked pretty complicated though and Thursday nights are cookie-baking nights so I didn't have a whole lotta time to spare. BUT while searching online, I came across the most amazing idea...Pasta Roni! I've never used Pasta Roni or Rice A Roni before so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was SO easy and came together SO fast! AND I got to use a lotta of the ingredients I already had in my fridge like ham, green onions, mushrooms...


Angel Hair Carbonara w/Ham

Ingredients: (4 servings)

1 pkg (5.1 oz) PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
1 1/3 c water
2/3 c milk
3 Tbsp butter
½ c chopped onion
¼ c chopped green onion slices
1 c chopped mushrooms
2 c diced cooked ham
¼ c sour cream

Preparations:

1. In a medium saucepan, saute onions and mushrooms in 1 Tbsp of butter until soft, about 5 minutes.


2. Add 1 1/3 c water, 2/3 c milk and 2 Tbsp margarine and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium.

3. Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Return to a boil. Boil uncovered 5 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.

3. Sauce will be thin. Stir in ham and sour cream. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...