Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Healthiest Waffles Topped with Yummy Strawberry Sauce

For our Saturday morning breakfast (well brunch since it was noon!), I decided to break out the good old waffle maker. I found this recipe for Oatmeal Nut Waffles that sounded super yummy and healthy. I halved the ingredients to make 4 waffles and they were perfectly filling. (NOT too filling for a late lunch at The Cheesecake Factory though!) ANYWAY, I topped the waffles with a fresh strawberry sauce and the sweetness paired wonderfully with the oaty waffles. The sauce was as simple as can be. In a small pan, I brought 1/4 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to a boil. Stirred it for a few minutes until the mixture thickened. Then I tossed in some freshly chopped up strawberries. SO yummy and easy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...