Thursday, November 4, 2010

Another Batch of Mrs Field's Cookies and an Urban Legend?

Have you ever heard of this Urban Legend about the $250 Cookie Recipe? I'm not sure if I believe it but it's pretty interesting. Anyway, this Cookie Friday, I went back to the classics with Mrs Field's Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies. I halved the recipe since there aren't that many people in my new office. I ended up with 2 dozen, which is just perfect for a small group (and a few for the baker the night before!). Below is the recipe (my halved version) and it's widely available online so it's not like I'm giving away a "secret" or anything!




Ingredients: (2 dozen cookies)


1-1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c ark brown Sugar, firmly packed
1/4 c white sugar
1/2 (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c semisweet chocolate chips


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. (Not in the original recipe but I like to take precautions!)


2. In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with wire whisk. Set aside.


3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend sugar and butter at medium speed to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add egg and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour misture and chocolate chips and blend at low speed until just mixed. Do not overmix!


3. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, 2" apart. Bake 22-24 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...