Sunday, November 28, 2010

My New Boss Loves Banana Nut Bread!

I'm in charge of bringing in breakfast for the office on Monday mornings and I like to switch things up. So far I've brought in Noah's Bagels, Pastries from Starbucks, and Muffins from Specialty's. Everyone enjoyed all the variety but my boss hinted last week that Banana Nut Bread is his favorite so of course, I had to bake some especially for him! This recipe comes from my Pillsbury Muffins and Quick Breads book and I baked mini loaves so they'd be easier to share. I totally missed my kitchen since we were gone for Thanksgiving and was so happy to be back in it! I just love the smell of the apartment whenever something yummy is baking in the oven! I ended up with 6 mini loaves, which took about half as long as a regular loaf. Everyone (especially my boss) loved them!




Ingredients:


3/4 c sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
2 eggs
1 c (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan or 6 mini loaf pans.


2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter unti light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add bananas, milk and vanilla; blend well.


3. In another bowl, combine flour, nuts, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into greased pan.


4. Bake for 50-60 minutes (or 25-30 minutes for mini loaves) or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...