Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcoming the Holidays with Some Gourmet Snacks!

One of the (many) things I love about The Holidays is the yummy food (and drinks) that go on sale. It's like the supermarkets are expecting you to celebrate everyday and that's exactly what we're planning to do! I saw some Colossal Scallops advertised at Safeway and picked up a few to make some gourmet snacks. (Hey, just cuz you're watching football, doesn't mean you can only eat wings and nachos!) I brushed the scallops with some Honey Dijon and wrapped each in a thin slice of Prosciutto. Then I drizzled them with some olive oil and baked them in a 350°F oven for about 15 minutes, until the scallops turned opaque. To crisp up the Prosciutto, I broiled them for another 5 minutes. Aren't they so cute topped with some tiny basil leaves? Perfect gourmet snacks on a Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...