Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Apple and Cheddar the PERFECT Couple!

After discovering the yummy sweet and savory combination of apple and cheese, I decided to try these Apple Cheddar Scones. I used my trusty food processor to pulse the butter into the flour mixture, then poured it into a big mixing bowl and stirred in the buttermilk, apple and cheddar. Then I got my hands dirty with the REALLY sticky dough and managed to pat it out into 2 5-inch rounds so that I could make mini scones. (We all know my obsession with MINI things!) I also brushed the tops of the scones with some more buttermilk for that extra tender and golden crust. They turned out SO good! Even Greg had 1 and you know he's not into baked good! Perfectly tender and SUPER cheesy, just the way I like them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...