I LOVE the combination of apples and cheese and can't believe I haven't tried it in baking yet! It turned out SO yummy! I baked mini loaves but you can definitely use a regular loaf pan but just increase the baking time to 50-60 minutes. Sweet and savory and the perfect way to welcome fall!
Ingredients: (1 regular loaf or 6 mini loaves)
2 c all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 apple, chopped
1/2 c shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Stir in dry ingredients, apple and cheese. Batter will be thick.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden on top and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.