Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mexican Dinner Inspiration @ Midnight!

It's been a while since I've stayed up late watching Food Network but I was home alone on a Friday night so I decided to watch some Rachael Ray. I watched her make Posole Mexican Lasagna and knew I had to try it! I mean, it's like the perfect marriage of Greg's 2 favorite dishes! As with many of Rachael Ray's recipes, they may only take 30 minutes to cook, but you use so many pots and pans that you end up cleaning for the next 30 minutes. So to make my life easier, I made some adjustments like using canned Green Enchiladas Sauce instead of making my own from Tomatillos. I did add the avocados though and it made the sauce extra creamy! I couldn't find Hominy so I used corn instead. I also used only 1 lb of pork and it was already plenty of meat. It was the perfect Sunday night meal with LOTS of yummy left-overs!




Ingredients:


1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground pork
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
Salt and black pepper
1 (15 oz) can corn kernels
1/4 c jalapeno, chopped
1 (28 oz) Green Enchiladas Sauce
2 avocados
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp honey
6 tortillas
4 c shredded cheese (I used a combo of Mexican and Pepper Jack)
1 green onion, sliced


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F.


2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and crumble as it browns. Sean with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Once browned evenly, add corn ad reduce heat to simmer.


3. While meat cooks, heat Enchiladas Sauce. Pit and scoop the avocados into food process, add lemon juice and honey. Puree until smooth and season with a little salt. Stir the avocado mixture into the sauce and remove from heat.


4. In a baking dish, layer sauce, 2 tortillas, meat and cheese. Repeat twice. Bake for 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onions.

1 comment:

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

This dish looks amazing! And I love this particular dish. You get so creative with the plates. I think this is one of my favorites on your site thus far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...