Monday, September 27, 2010

Saying Good-bye to Zucchini Season

Now that summer is officially over, it's time to say good-bye to the beloved zucchini. BUT I just couldn't bare it without making 1 last batch of Zucchini Bread! I found this recipe using chocolate chunks that apparently came from a Ghirardelli Chocolate Bar package and just couldn't resist. I've seen lots of recipes for Chocolate Zucchini Bread and even Zucchini Brownies but haven't tried the combination before. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead and it added just the right amount of sweetness. I only a small zucchini so I cut the ingredients down in half and made 4 mini loaves instead of a big 1. The baking time was also a lot shorter, about 25 minutes, which is a total bonus since I hate waiting around for my yummy treats!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...