Friday, September 3, 2010

Sloppy Bombay Joes are the BOMB!

I didn't really watch The Next Food Network Star but I'm glad that Aarti Sequeira won cuz they really need some variety besides American and Italian cuisine. I know they make plenty of ethnic dishes on the shows but somehow watching Tyler Florence make Indian Lamb Curry or Guy Fieri making Thai Green Chicken just seems WRONG! I mean, where's the authenticity in watching 2 white guys make these dishes? I think The Food Network finally realized that and since Greg LOVES Indian food, Aarti Party is quickly becoming my new favorite show. Tonight, I made my version of her Sloppy Bombay Joes and they were a yummy switch up from the good old Sloppy Joes we love. I'm definitely excited to try more of Aarti's recipes!




Ingredients:


1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 c onion, finely diced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 lb ground pork
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 c tomato sauce
1 tsp honey
2 Tbsp heavy cream
2 hamburger buns


Prep:


1. Heat oil in pot over medium heat. When shimmering, stir in the cumin, ginger, Garam Masala and onions; sauté until softened and starting to brown.


2. Add the jalapeno and sauté for another couple of minutes, seasoning with salt. Stir in the meat, breaking up the big lumps. Cook until opaque, about 5 minutes.


3. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in honey and heavy cream. Serve on toasted buns.

2 comments:

Create. Snap. Eat. said...

Oooh! Good combination of tastes! ...I might try this.

Lynne@CookandBeMerry.com said...

This recipe looks absolutely delicious! I love those spices with pork and the cream really takes it up a notch. I wish this would appear on a plate in front of me right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...