Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Who Wouldn't Want Some Mocha Chunk Cookies?

We're visiting the future in-laws this weekend so I wanted to bring something sweet. I flipped through the good old Mrs Fields Cookie Book and decided to make some Mocha Chunk Cookies. I know Greg's mom likes coffee and chocolate so I was sure she'd like these. I mean, who wouldn't right? I cut the recipe in half cuz I didn't want 4 dozen cookies and used chocolate chips instead of chunks. They came out so decadent and full of mocha flavor! I can't wait to share them!


Ingredients: (2 dozen cookies)


1-1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
1 c semisweet chocolate chips


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.


2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, coffee, baking soda and salt.


3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend butter with sugar to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides and add eggs. Beat at medium speed until smooth.


4. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips. Blend at low speed just until combined.


5. Drop by rounded Tbsp onto cookie sheets. Bake 23-25 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...