Monday, November 15, 2010

Holiday Colored Zucchini Cranberry Pie!

This Zucchini Cranberry Pie comes from my Pillsbury Best Muffins and Quick Breads Cookbook and I love it cuz it's got the holiday colors! (Yea I LOVE the holidays and I'm SO ready for it!) The book called it a bread but it's baked in a pie pan so I'm calling it a pie. (And besides, I've already baked LOTS of Zucchini Bread so Zucchini Pie is a good switch up!) I also added chopped pecans cuz I like adding nuts to everything and substituted Chai Spice for the Cinnamon and Cloves. It came out really yummy and super moist! I love it when I can actually feel good about eating a pie since it's got veggies in it! :)




Ingredients:


1/2 c sugar
1/2 c shredded zucchini (1 medium)
1/3 c milk
1 Tbsp oil
1 egg
1 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Chai Spice
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 chopped pecans


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, zucchini, milk, oil and egg. Add flour, baking powder, Chai Spice, dried cranberries and pecans. Mix just until combined.


3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golder brown. Cut into wedges and serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...