Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Mommy Came to Visit and I Cooked Her Dinner!

My mommy came to visit me for a couple of days and I thought I'd make her another fish dinner since she doesn't like to cook fish much herself. This dish came out SO yummy and the fish was cooked just right! It was also her first time tasting Quinoa and she LOVED it! I made it kinda like a risotto but with green beans added. I hope Greg's not jealous that I'm cooking for someone else in our apartment! :)

Ingredients: (2 servings)

¼ c Panko breadcrumbs
½ c Parmesan cheese, divided
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp lemon pepper
¼ c olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 (5-6 oz) tilapia fillets
½ c quinoa
1½ c chicken broth
1 c green beans, frozen

1 Tbsp butter

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a baking dish with olive oil.

2. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper in a small bowl for crust. Combine olive and lemon juice; brush onto fillets. Evenly sprinkle crust mixture on top of fish.

3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish reaches 140-150°F and crust is golden brown.

4. Meanwhile, place quinoa, green beans and broth into a small sauce pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and butter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...