Monday, March 30, 2009

Trader Joe's Pizza Crust = YUMMY!

We LOVE pizza in our house but I haven't been adventurous enough to make my own dough. I've been using the Pillsbury refrigerated crust at least a dozen times now but somehow they never come out quite perfect. (Maybe it's the rectangular shape?) ANYWAY...Greg suggested I try the prebaked kind so I picked up one from Trader Joe's. This one's got Italian seasoning and some cheese already baked into the crust but of course I had to add some more Mozzarella on top. I also used our favorte Trader Joe's Pizza Sauce topped with presliced Pepperoni. (Hey...why not take help from the store if you can right?) YUM YUM YUM! I think we have a winner!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm that looks good. I love their pizza dough too.

Lisa said...

Hey Cookie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. In response to your question about the peppers, I think with this recipe, baking the peppers 30 minutes beforehand, unstuffed, helped a lot. They were quite soft once the time came to eat them because after cooking them 30 minutes you then stuff them and then cook for about 15-20 minutes. I didn't cover them or anything and they were definitely soft enough but not mushy. The texture was perfect! Give that a try next time maybe? Good luck!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the pizza crust is good...I've been wanting to try it! Well, that one and the unbaked one! :)

Diana
http://thechiclife.typepad.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...