Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TWD: Yogurt...I mean Ricotta Bread

I know I've been lacking a lil bit with my Tuesdays with Dorie baking BUT I'm back! Of course, I did some tweaking with this recipe. Instead of French Yogurt Cake with Marmalade Glaze, mine became Nutty Orange Ricotta Bread mainly cuz I had some Ricotta Cheese left over and ORANGES seemed like such a spring-like addition. The nuts and raisins? Well, I feel the need to add them to just about anything so there you go! :)


Ingredients:

1½ sticks butter, softened
1 c sugar
2 eggs
½ c Ricotta cheese
½ c orange juice
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
1 c all-purpose flour
½ c whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ c chopped walnuts
½ c raisins

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add Ricotta, orange juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and cranberries.

3. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-in loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...