Monday, March 16, 2009

What I Learned from Ellie Today

I was watching an episode of Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger this morning and learned some more useful nutrition facts.

1. Artichokes have the highest amount of antioxidants among ALL of the other fresh veggies! They also aid in healthy liver and bladders functions. What a winner! I just bought a bag of frozen artichoke hears from TJ's the other day and can't wait to start adding them to my diet!


2. Shrimp may be high in cholesterol but it's not the cholesterol in food that causes high cholesterol in our bodies. What a relief since shrimp is SO yummy! They're also low in calories and fat AND really nutritious since they contain Omega-3, Vitamin D and B-12!

3. Fat free milk and yogurt may contain less fat BUT it actually has MORE calcium and other nutrients! I guess taking OUT the fat leaves room for more of the good stuff! I've always been a fat free dairy girl so that's great news for me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...