A while back, I ordered 3 varieties of Curry Paste from Amazon and couldn't wait to try them all. I started with the yellow curry and it smelled incredible so I knew it would taste just as good! I was SO right! I combined it with coconut milk and a few other spices with some pork tonight. We couldn't have been happier with the result, especially with our favorite rice noodles. This was definitely Thai Curry at its finest!
1/2 lb pork, cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 c onions, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp sherry
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp yellow curry paste
1 c unsweetened coconut milk
1 Tbsp butter
Rice Noodles, for serving
1. In a bowl, toss the pork with cornstarch and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown 5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
3. Turn heat down to medium and add onions. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
4. Stir in sherry and deglaze. Stir in brown sugar, curry paste and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and add pork back.
5. Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer until pork is tender, 10 minutes. Stir in butter and turn heat up to high. Boil until sauce thickens, 5 minutes. Serve over rice noodles.