We LOVE Mac and Cheese and we LOVE Chili so I came up with the genius idea of putting them together! I mean, how can you possibly go wrong with that right? It was SO yummy and thankfully, we even have leftovers! Now you KNOW Chili only gets better in the fridge!
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb ground beef
1/2 c onions, diced
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed, drained
1/2 c elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 c beef broth
2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour cream, for garnish
Chopped green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking dish.
2. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Cook, breaking up any clumps of meat with a spoon, for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, tomatoes, beans, macaroni and broth. Stir and bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender.
4. Fold in 1-1/2 cup of cheese and transfer to the baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnished with a dollop of sour cream and green onions.