I love playing with sweet and spicy combinations, especially when it comes to pork. It's also just perfect with fruity flavors so tonight, I made a sweet and spicy apricot sauce to go along with some beautiful bone-in chops. Super flavorful and super moist! I served them with mashed potatoes and it was the perfect way to start the week!
1 Tbsp apricot preserve
1 Tbsp chili sauce
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp oil
2 bone-in pork chops
Salt and pepper
1/2 c onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a small bowl, stir together, the preserve, chili sauce, mustard and brown sugar.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and brown 5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
3. Turn heat down to medium and add onions. Cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring to deglaze. Add chops back and turn heat down to low. Cover and simmer until meat is cooked through, 5 minutes.
5. Remove chops to serving platter and turn heat up to high. Boil until sauce is thickened, 5 minutes. Pour over chops and serve with mashed potatoes.