Friday, August 8, 2008

Champagne Seabass for My Mommy

After impressing Greg's parents with the Chilean Seabass, I knew I had to make some for my mommy. I found this recipe that uses Champagne to poach the seabass and thought it would be just PERFECT! And guess what? It was! The Champagne reduced down and gave the seabass an acidicity sorta like vinegar. Then you add some cream and the flavor is just so buttery and yummy! I served it over some cucumbers and rice and my mommy LOVED it! :)

Ingredients:

½ c champagne or dry sparkling wine
½ tsp salt
½ c scallions, cut into small pieces
½ lb sea-bass fillets
½ seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
¼ c heavy whipping cream

Preparations:

1. Place the Champagne in a large skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the salt, scallions, and sea bass and return to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Add the cucumbers and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork. Remove the fish and vegetables from the skillet and keep warm.

3. Increase heat to high and boil the liquid in the skillet, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Blend in the light cream. Arrange the vegetables and fish on top of cooked rice and spoon some sauce over dish.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...