Sunday, August 17, 2008

Super Fiber Carrot Muffins!

I had a box of Trader Joe's Fiber Cereal at home and decided to bake with it. I saw this recipe on the Fiber One website and it gave me a great idea! BUT since I've already used Blueberries quite a few times lately, I thought I'd try something different...CARROTS! I also added some chopped Walnuts for that extra crunch and these came out SO good! The best part is, they're SUPER healthy! There's barely any oil in them and they're SO moist from the yogurt! YUM!

Ingredients: (6 muffins)

½ c Trader Joe's Fiber Cereal, crushed in food processor
1 egg white, slightly beaten
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 containers (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free French vanilla yogurt
3/4 c all-purpose flour
¼ c packed brown sugar
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ c baby carrots, shredded in food processor

Prep:

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 6 regular-size muffin cups, or grease bottom of each muffin cup with shortening.

2. In medium bowl, stir together egg white, oil and yogurt. Add cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling to the top.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...