Friday, August 22, 2008

I've Got a Can of Crabmeat

It's Friday night and I have a can of Geisha Crabmeat sitting in my cupboard so I figured I should make something! I found these Crescent Crab Purses from the Pillsbury website and they just look SO cute I had to try them! This was only the second time that I've ever baked anything using these Crescent Rolls and I'm still trying to get the hang of making them look perfect but I'm getting there! The dough is just so moist that it's pretty hard to wrap around the filling without breaking it apart but they turned out great right? I used the mini canisters that only hold 6 rolls and mayo and Blue Cheese Dressing instead of cream cheese because that's what I had in the fridge.


Ingredients: (6 purses)

1 can (6 oz) crabmeat, well drained
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp mayo

2 Tbsp Blue Cheese dressing
1 can (4 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Prep:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except dough. Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle; press into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut rectangle into 6 (3-inch) squares.

2. Place about 1 Tbsp crab mixture on each dough square. Bring all sides together in center; press to seal. With fingers, pinch dough firmly about 1/4 inch below edges, making a pouch with points extending over top. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...