Friday, April 30, 2010

Avocado + Bananas = Avocanana Bread

Avocados were on sale this week and I picked up a few to make Guacamole for the upcoming Cinco de Mayo. Unfortunately, 1 of them was a bit too ripe and didn't seem like it would make it until next week. So I started searching for a way to use it up and found a really cool website dedicated to California Avocados. They've got history, fun facts, lots of recipes and even a guide on how to grow your own avocado tree! Did you know that California produces 90% of the avocados in the US? There's a whole section dedicated to different variations of Guacamole and of course, some baked goods recipes. I chose to make Avocanana Bread cuz I had some very ripe bananas laying around and I just love the name! I can't believe I never thought of putting avocados and bananas together cuz their creamy textures worked so well together. I also liked the addition of nutty oats and tangy buttermilk. And of course, no bread would be complete without some nuts! (At least not for me, anyway!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...