Saturday, April 17, 2010

Brunching @ Home with Crab Cakes

We had planned to go out for brunch but I ran some errands and by the time I got home, it was already 1. So I decided it would be nice to just have something quick at home and turned to crab cakes since I had some Imitation Crab in the fridge. I remembered how awesome my last crab cakes turned out and knew we would be having a yummy brunch in no time! I wanted to make these "Deviled Crab Cakes" so I added some dry mustard and sour cream to the crab mixture. I also added some Marie's Honey Mustard Dressing and topped the cakes with Mustard Aioli. Easy and perfect for brunch!




Ingredients: (4 cakes)


1 large egg
1 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp Honey Mustard Dressing
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic salt
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 c fresh breadcrumbs (4 slices bread)
1/2 lb Imitation crab, flaked
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Mustard Aioli


Prep:


1. Whisk together egg, sour cream, dressing, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in bread crumbs. Gently stir in crabmeat, then form into 4 cakes.


2. Heat oil and butter in skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then cook crab cakes, turning once, until golden brown, 8 minutes total.


3. Serve warm topped with Mustard Aioli.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...