Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tropical Paradise Muffins

It may not be summer yet (and FAR from warm weather here is SF!) but I can still take a lil tropical vacation with my baking. I found some Yoplait Yogurt in Piña Colada flavor and immediately knew I had to make some muffins that would remind me of vacation! I call these Tropical Paradise Muffins cuz they're made of everything that makes me think of a day on the beaches somewhere in paradise. They're full of pineapples, coconut, Macadamia nuts and of course, Piña Colada flavor! I also added some Sun-Made Tropical Trio, which are dried bits of pineapple, mango and papaya. I may not be anywhere close to a beach but these muffins definitely help me daydream!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1-1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Chai spice (or Cinnamon)
4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 c firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 c yogurt (Piña Colada flavor)
1/2 c pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 c shredded coconut
1/4 c chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 c Tropical Trio


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 6 muffins cups. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon.


2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and yogurt until smooth.


3. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir well until just combined. Add pineapples, coconut, nuts and dried fruit.


4. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup to the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...