Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Baking Books Make Me Happy!

I picked up a new book called Perfect Muffins and Bakes today and couldn't wait to try out a recipe! I marked a bunch that sounded good and decided on the Potato Raisin Muffins. I've just recently made a batch of Savory Potato Muffins so I thought a sweet version would be an interesting contrast. They were definitely different but I'm not sure which I like better. They tasted a lot like the Sweet Potato muffins I made cuz of the texture and addition of dried fruit. I can't wait to try out some more recipes!


Ingredients: (12 muffins)

6 oz mealy potatoes, diced
1 c self-rising flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 c raisins
4 large eggs, separates

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffins cups.

2. Cook te potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 min, until tender. Drain well and mash until smooth.

3. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add the flour, sugar, baking powder, raisins and egg yolks. Stir well and mix thoroughly.

4. Whisk the egg whites until they are standing peaks and fold into potatl mixture until fully incorporated.

5. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 10 min, reduce to 325°F and bake for another 7-10 minutes, until gold brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...