We had some left over mashed potatoes from Sunday night and I thought it would be really interesting to turn them into muffins. I found this recipe and put my own spin on it by adding some ham and cheese. These muffins were definitely tasty mini-meals!
Ingredients: (6 muffins)
2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 large eggs
1 c mashed potatoes
1/3 c milk
1/4 c chopped green onion
1/4 c chopped ham
1/4 c shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 6-cup muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cornmeal, baking powder and Italian seasoning.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, potatoes and milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
4. Stir in the green onion, ham and cheese. Stir just until combined.
5. Evenly divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake until a toothpick placed in the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs attached, about 13 to 16 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before turning the muffins out onto a wire rack.