Saturday, March 27, 2010

$3 for These Huge Lamb Chops?

I can never pass up a good deal so when I saw these 2 HUGE lamb chops on sale for only $3, I had to grab them! I have no idea why they were so cheap cuz they looked super fresh and the date stamped on the package was today. Oh well, lucky for me! I didn't know what to do with them at first but then remembered how great my Pork Chops turned out so Braised Lamb Chops were born. I always liked lamb with some Indian flavor so I added some curry and cumin to the mix. I served the chops over some boxed curry-flavored couscous, which soaked up some of the wonderful juice. Our kitchen smelled like a yummy Indian Restaurant and I am NOT complaining!




Ingredients:


2 bone-in lamb chops
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 c chicken broth
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley


Prep:


1. In a deep skillet over medium heat, sauté the lamb chops until well browned, 10 to 13 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.


2. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onionn begin to brown and have released their moisture, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, curry, cumin and thyme.


3. Pour the stock into the skillet and bring to a boil. Stir up any brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of a pan with a wooden spoon.


4. Return the lamb to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook until the meat is fork-tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with sprinkled parsley on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...