Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Got Some BIG Plans for These Cheesy Corn Muffins

I love making Savory Corn Muffins and they're great as a treat any time of the day. BUT these muffins are gonna be part of something GREAT! You'll just have to wait and find out!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1 c all-purpose flour
1 c cornmeal
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 c buttermilk
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten


Prep:


1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line 6 muffin cups.


2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar baking powder, salt and seasoning. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, and egg. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until they are just blended.


3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one to the top. Bake for 30 minutes, until the tops are crisp and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly and remove from the pan.

1 comment:

Green Cleaning said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog! You know, when i just saw these muffins, I died a little inside, and then immediately thought I'd make them tonight. I have a huge speech due in class tomorrow, so I shouldn't, but I think I will make them tomorrow or this weekend. They look REALLY good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...