Monday, March 29, 2010

Gold Raspberries?

I found the strangest thing over the weekend, Gold Raspberries! They were completely new to me so I had to buy some to try. These berries taste almost exactly like the red ones, maybe a bit milder, and has the same shape and texture. Since I don't really like to snack on fruit, I decided to bake with them. I found this recipe for Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins and decided to do sort of the opposite. So I made Gold Raspberry Dark Chocolate Muffins. They were great! Tart and sweet all at the same time. Oh and of course, I added some walnuts for that extra crunch! Although these Gold Raspberries were a fun discovery, I think I'll stick with the regular red ones just cuz I love their vibrant color!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

I love gold raspberries. It's kind of like yellow cherry tomatoes. When you mix them with red ones, it's just so gorgeous. Same with yellow and red raspberries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...