Monday, March 8, 2010

Mexican Style Lasagna

I really wanted to make Enchiladas for dinner but discovered that I had no Enchilada Sauce. I did have plenty of Taco Sauce so I decided to make Mexican Lasagna instead. I can't believe it's been so long since I've made this! This time I used some left-over pulled pork that's been sitting in my freezer and it was SO yummy! Isn't it a beauty?




All plated with some sour cream on top ready to be DEVOURED!




Ingredients: (4 servings)


2 c shredded pork
1 c Taco Sauce, divided
1 can (14.5 oz) chopped tomatoes with green chili
1 Tbsp chili powder
8 flour tortillas (6-inch)
2 c shredded Mexican-style cheese


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray an 8-in baking dish with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, mix together the meat, half of the Taco sauce, tomatoes and chili powder.


3. Pour the remaining Taco sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas on top, followed by half the beef mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers.


4. Bake for 20 min, until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 5 min. Serve with sour cream and chopped green onions on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...