Thursday, March 11, 2010

Slow Cooked Corned Beef = YUM!

It's almost St Patty's Day, which means that there are a lotta of Corned Beef recipes floating around. After some research though, I found that pork was actually the main staple in the Irish culture. So I guess the whole idea of celebrating St Patty's Day with Corned Beef is a total myth BUT I thought it'd be fun to make it anyway. I found many recipes that called for boiling the meat or baking it for a few hours but I thought putting it in the slow cooker would be the best way. Corned Beef is a tougher cut of meat so I knew it would come out super tender that way and I was SO right! Since Greg doesn't like cabbage, I just threw in some carrots and potatoes instead. Everything was SO flavorful and I can't wait to make sandwiches with the left-over meat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...