Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Creamy Blueberry Ricotta Muffins

I bought some blueberries and had some Ricotta cheese in the fridge so naturally, I made muffins! This was a recipe from Dorie Greenspan cookbook. I've been flipping through it a lot recently since I'd hardly used it. She has some amazing recipes and I'm sure I'll be making a lot more them! These muffins were really creamy from the Ricotta cheese and the blueberries reminded me that spring is finally coming! We're enjoying some beautiful weather in the city these days and I'm hoping it'll stay that way. :)




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1/2 c ricotta, preferably at room temperature
1 large egg, preferably at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 stick (1/4 c) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/3 c granulated sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 c fresh blueberries
1/2 c chopped walnuts


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line 6 muffin cups.


2. Whisk the ricotta, egg and vanilla together, then stir in the melted butter.


3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the Ricotta mixture (The batter will be lumpy). Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.


4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until muffin tops are golden, springy to the touch and a knife inserted into the center of the muffins come out clean.

1 comment:

Hungry Dog said...

Isn't this weather amazing! I'm in heaven!

Your muffins look divine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...