Thursday, March 4, 2010

Salmon Cakes - Asian Style!

Salmon Cakes are a great way to use up canned salmon, which can sometimes taste a bit too fish, especially if they're in water. The last time I made some, I saved a couple for my mom and she loved them. So this time I thought I'd make some Asian-style Salmon Cakes just for her. I pretty much used every "Asian" ingredient I had and they came out really good! The ginger paste I used was from Gourmet Garden, which comes in a tube and lasts forever! The trick is to refrigerate the patties for at least 30 minutes so they don't fall apart as your cook them. I kept mine in the fridge overnight and they stayed together even when I flipped them.




Ingredients: (4 patties)


2 cans (5-6 oz each) salmon, drained & flaked
2 tsp ginger paste
2 Tbsp chopped green onion
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
1/2 c crushed saltine crackers
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp vegetable oil


Prep:


1. In a medium bowl, mix together the salmon, ginger, green onions, lemon juice, soy sauce and Teriyaki sauce using a rubber spatula. Stir in the crackers and eggs and mix to combine.


2. Dividing the salmon mixture evenly; form into 4 1-inch thick patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight before cooking.


3. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon patties and cook until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until opaque throughout and golden brown on the other side, about 3 minutes longer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...