Friday, March 26, 2010

So I Bought a Box of Oreos...Now What?

As a kid I used to scarf down about half a package of Oreo Cookies everyday after school. Of course, back then I didn't know about calories, sugar and all the other ugly truths that I know now. BUT that still didn't stop me from bringing home a box of my favorite childhood snack just cuz it was on sale at Safeway! I managed NOT to eat half a package while driving home and actually got a wonderful idea. I would make Oreo Muffins! This was just a simple muffin recipe that I added crushed Oreo Cookies to and they were GREAT! I added very little sugar to the mix cuz I knew the cookies were already sweet enough and didn't want it to be overkill. I still love my Oreo Cookies but these muffins definitely come close!


Ingredients: (6 muffins)

1-1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/4 c butter, melted
1 c Oreos, crushed

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 6-cup muffin pan.

2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk and butter. Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined. Fold in the Oreos; batter will be lumpy.

3. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Ahhhh! These look amazing! I think I could eat the whole recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...