Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Found My Muffin Book and Baked Bread!

I've been looking for my William-Sonoma Muffin Book for a while now and finally found it under a stack of papers while I was cleaning. Yea! It's one of my favorite cookbooks cuz it doesn't just have muffin recipes, it's got some other great quick bread recipes as well. I chose to make the Orange Nut Bread cuz I already had all the ingredients and it turned out great! The recipe says to use basically any type of nuts and I chose Hazelnuts cuz I've never baked with them before. They worked really well with the orange flavor. Now I can't wait to make some of the other recipes from my new-found book!




Ingredients:


2 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of 1 orange
1/4 c (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c orange juice
3/4 c Hazelnuts


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest.


3. In another bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, vanilla and orange juice. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in Hazelnuts.


4. Scrape dough into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...