Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Best Duck EVER?

My mom bought me some duck legs from the Asian market and I was SO grateful! Greg LOVES duck but I've only been able to find duck breasts and he likes dark meat a lot more so I was really excited to try these! I was watching Simply Ming over the weekend and his Coconut Cranberry Chicken was the inpiration for my dish. I served the legs over some boxed Curry-flavored Couscous and it couldn't be easier. Greg took 1 bite and said it was the BEST duck he'd ever had and that's saying a lot coming from someone who orders duck whenever it's on the menu!




Ingredients: (2 servings)


2 duck legs with thighs attached, skin-on, bone-in
1 small onion, sliced
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 c unsweetened coconut milk
1 c water
2 Tbsp oil


Prep:


1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Sear the duck, skin-side down, until browned, about 10 minutes. Flip and brown the other side for about 5 minutes. Remove duck.


2. Add the onions, ginger and curry powder. Sauté until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, water and duck. Bring to a simmer and cook duckthrough, about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...