Monday, April 19, 2010

Mashed Potato Flakes Make Yummy Salmon Cakes!

I remember seeing recipes for Fish and Crab Cakes using Mashed Potato Flakes in place of some of the breadcrumbs so I thought I'd give it a shot. I decided on Salmon Cakes since I'd just recently made Crab Cakes and put a lil Asian spin on them. The potatoes added a nice creamy texture and I tasted a bit of butter too, which is always a nice addition!




Ingredients: (4 cakes)


2 (6 oz) cans salmon, drained and flaked
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c dry breadcrumbs
1/2 c mashed potato flakes
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp grated ginger
2 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp vegetable oil


Prep:


1. In a bowl, mix salmon, egg, breadcrumbs, potato flakes, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, ginger and onions. Form the mixture into 4 patties.


2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties for about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...