Tuesday, August 3, 2010

6 Chicken Thighs for How Much?

When I see a good deal, I just know it and the deal of the week were these Foster Farms Chicken Thighs. Fresh, never frozen, no hormones or steroids, 100% natural with no added salt, chemicals or artificial taste enhancers and only $2.50 for 6 of them! I mean, yes they were on sale cuz they needed to be cooked ASAP but I have no problem with that! I found this recipe for Braised Mediterranean Chicken over Polenta a while ago and have been wanting to try it. We've been on a Polenta/Grits kick lately so I thought it would be perfect for dinner. It turned out AMAZING! I left out the zucchini since we just had it last night and added some mushrooms instead. I also used a can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Sweet Onions instead of the fresh. It made my sauce a bit watery so I boiled it to let it thicken up after the chicken was done. It was the perfect combination with the Polenta! You know I'm always happy to find a great deal, especially when it turns out so YUMMY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...