Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Forgot How Much I LOVE Peanut Butter!

It's been a while since I've had the good old PB and I forgot how much I love it! This recipe was adapted from the PB and J Muffins recipe from the 250 Best Muffin Recipes cookbook. I changed mine up by substituting the jam with raisins cuz I'm one of those weird people that actually don't like the combination of PB and J (don't ask!). I love the rich PB flavor in these muffins and they definitely make a yummy portable breakfast!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c smooth peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 c whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 c raisins


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line or spray 6 muffin cups.


2. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the peanut butter, egg, milk, vanilla and butter. Stir in the dry ingredients and raisins.


3. Spoon into muffin pan, filling 3/4 full. Bake 20 minutes, until brown on top and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...