Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Version of the ULTIMATE Lamb Curry!

Tyler's Ultimate is always on in the background while I'm getting ready in the morning and a while back, he made some Lamb Curry that I knew I wanted to try. However, Tyler's recipes are usually pretty complicated (it's the ULTIMATE after all!) so I had to make some adjustments. This is my version of his Lamb Curry and it was REALLY yummy! A lot of spices but luckily I keep a pretty stocked pantry. The kitchen smelled AMAZING and the meat was so tender and flavorful from the braising! I served my chops over good old couscous and the entire meal cost less than $10 since the lamb was on sale!




Ingredients:


2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground curry
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp fennel seed
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
1 bay leaf
2 lamb shoulder blade chops, (bone-in, 1/2-inch thick)
1/4 c onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c beef broth
1 c tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c Greek yogurt, plain
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped


Prep:


1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add curry, cloves, cumin, fennel, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, chili and bay leaf. Toast for 2-3 minutes until golden and aromatic.


2. Season lamb with salt and pepper then add to the pot. Brown 5 minutes on each side and remove to a plate. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add broth and stir with a wooden spoon to pick up the brown bits. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add beef back, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with lid.


3. Cook for 20 minutes until the lamb is tender, flipping them half way. Remove chops to serving platter. Turn heat up to medium-high and boil the sauce until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in yogurt and pour over chops. Garnish with parsley.

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

I swear, I love lamb MORE than beef. Just so flavorful. And when it's cooked this way so that it's fork tender, it's just irresistible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...