Thursday, February 17, 2011

Butter Chicken Just Sounds Yummy!

I came across this recipe for Butter Chicken and with a name like that, I knew it had to be yummy! It's actually just an Indian dish where chicken is cooked in a tomato cream sauce. The meat is marinated in a spice mixture of Garam Masala, ginger, garlic and olive oil and then cooked with more Garam Masala, cayenne and tomato sauce. I actually ran out of tomato sauce so I substituted diced tomatoes instead and I thought it gave the dish a nice texture. The sauce is so intensely flavorful and was just perfect on top of some buttery white rice. (Yes I toast my rice in butter first to give it more flavor.) If you like Indian food, you'll absolutely LOVE this dish just like we did!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...