Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Learning Something New About My Hubby Everyday

A few months ago, I made Martha Stewart's Pork Chops with Apple Relish and left out the raisins cuz I could've sworn Greg said he hated them. Anyway, after trying out some Moroccan dishes, I found out he only hates fresh fruit and loves the dried stuff! So tonight, I made the recipe again but this time, kept the raisins and added my own spin on it. It came out SO incredibly good and even better than the last time if I do say so myself!




Ingredients:


1 Tbsp olive oil
2 bone-in pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
1/2 c onion, diced
1 apple, cored and diced
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1/4 c raisins
1 tsp ginger, grated
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 c cream
1 Tbsp butter


Prep:


1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of pork chops; add to skillet. Brown 3 minutes on each side and remove.


2. Lower heat to medium and add onion. Cook until translucent and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add apples and cook 3 minutes more. Add vinegar, raisins, ginger, curry and cayenne. Stir well to combine.


3. Stir in cream and bring to a boil. Add pork back, lower heat to medium low and cover. Continue cooking until meat is cooked through, 5 minutes. Remove pork to serving platter.


4. Turn heat up to high and stir in butter. Boil until thickened, 5 minutes. Serve over pork chops.

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

Your husband hates FRESH fruit?? Seriously?? I've never heard of such a thing. Gads, it makes me want to find a perfectly ripe something or another at the peak of the season to convince him otherwise. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...