Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Big O Chicken Legs!

Chicken Leg Quarters go on sale quite often but for the longest time I was totally intimidated by them. I mean, they're HUGE and I couldn't imagine what I'd do with them! I finally conquered my fear a while ago and nowadays I always keep a few in the freezer for yummy recipes like Chicken Normandy. I finished the dish on the stovetop and still got a nicely browned skin since I gave them a good sear and the flour definitely helped. I've made this dish once before using chicken thighs but I thought the legs quarters were even better since I LOVE drumsticks! I also liked the addition of apple cider which added more fruitiness. I served the chicken over mashed potatoes and it was a very comforting meal especially now that the nights are getting chilly.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...