Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My First Madeleine Cookies!

I bought a Madeleine Pan a couple of months ago and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I always thought making Madeleine Cookies would be so difficult to bake but they're actually not too bad. You just have to make sure to follow the steps exactly and make sure not to over-mix. These cookies smelled SO yummy and buttery! I'm sure they'll become one of my fav cookies! :)


Ingredients: (12 cookies)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 powdered sugar
1 c + 3 Tbp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
Prep:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 12 3-inch Madeleine Pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 4 minutes. Gradually beat in pwdered sugar, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat about 5 minutes more or until thick and satiny.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking pwder. Sift about half of the flour mixture over the egg mixture; stir in gently. Rpeat, stirring in remaining flour mixture. Stir in melted butter. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each mold about 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 mintues or until edges are golden and tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in molds for 1 minute. Invert cookies onto wire racks; let cool.

5 comments:

Pam said...

I've never made Madeleines either... yours look fantastic.

What's for Supper? said...

These look so cute. I really want to make some of these but I can't find a pan anywhere!

Kristin said...

I too just bought a madeline pan - I'm hoping to make some in the next couple of weeks. Yours look delicious!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I just stumbled over here. The madelines are adorable!

Peggy said...

Those madelaines look delicious. I've never made those. Cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...