Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TWD: Linzer Sables using my NEW Cookie Press

I ordered a Cookie Press from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and have been just itching to use it! SO for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie, I took it for a spin. I LOVE it! It's SO cool how the cookies just come out in perfect little shapes! There are 12 different cookie disks and I cannot WAIT to try them all out! The Christmas Tree one will definitely be used real soon! :)


Ingredients: (12 sandwiches)

1/2 c butter
1/3 c sugar
1 c flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/4 c jam, any flavor

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. In large mixer bowl combine sugar, butter, egg, salt, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes.

3. Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

4. Let cookies cool completely and spread 1 tsp of jam in between 2. (I used both peach and strawberry.)

4 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

What a brilliant way to make this an easier cookie! Now I just need to go out and get a cookie press...

vibi said...

Beautiful results with your new cookie press!
Great looking cookies, from a smart Cookie!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Yay cookie press! Reminds me of the Christmas cookies my mom made when I was a kid.

TeaLady said...

Cool idea to use the cookie press. Nice job. Look tasty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...