Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pre-Turkey Day Treat: Cranberry Walnut Bars!

Cranberries are everywhere these days with Turkey Day coming up, so I picked up a bag at the store. Not really having much experience with fresh cranberries (I've only used dried ones), I went online for some recipe searching. I found this recipe from the Ocean Spray website and thought they'd be perfect for my Cookie Friday. They were really easy to make and I love any recipe with only 6 ingredients! The cranberries burst open while they're baked and made these bars really moist with a lil bit of tartness. The walnuts also added some great crunch and texture. I think these bars are the perfect treats to welcome Turkey Day!


2 comments:

Abbie said...

I've been on a cranberry kick lately. These look good!

AJ Wolfe said...

These look delicious! I'm having Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law for the first time -- these might be a good "bring-along!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...