Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Muffins with Mushrooms?

We love mushrooms in our house so I always have some in the fridge. I literally put them in everything from pasta to pizza and now even baking! I was sautéing up some onions and mushrooms for dinner anyway, so I just made extra and put them in some muffins. I wasn't sure how they would taste but they came out surprisingly good! The caramelized onions had a wonderful rich flavor and of course, the cheese helped too! Not quite a "Meal in a Muffins" but definitely good as a side dish or quick breakfast. Hum...now what else could I put in a muffin?




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


2 Tbsp butter
1 c sliced mushrooms
1/4 c chopped onions
1 c all-purpose flour
1-1/2 baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 shredded cheese (I used Mexican Blend)
1/2 c milk
1 egg


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 6 muffin cups.


2. Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter until caramelized.


3. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add cheese and toss to coat.


4. Beat egg and milk together. Add to dry ingredients with mushrooms. Mix until well blended.


5. Divide mixture among muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...