I've made plenty of Zucchini Bread but never thought of combining it with Yellow Squash. I saw that both veggies were on sale this week so decided to give it a shot. This bread tasted very similar to regular Zucchini Bread but I love the pretty yellow specks from the squash!
12 Tbsp (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 medium yellow squashes, diced
1 medium green zucchini, diced
1/2 chopped pecans
1 c sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
3. Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined.
4. Stir in the squash, zucchini and pecans. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake until loaf is golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before unmolding onto rack to cool completely.