Friday, March 9, 2012

Pantry Dinner at its Finest!

Tonight my fridge is looking pretty empty and I'm too tired to go to the grocery store. Not to fear cuz I have a stocked pantry and that means I can whip up some Crab Fried Rice in no time! These are really ingredients that I always have on hand and they really are life-savers on weeknights! Even when I say that my fridge is empty, I'm still always guaranteed to have some eggs, onion, garlic, butter and milk, which to me are the bare minimum items for survival. Trust me, when you have those few things and a stocked pantry, you'll never need to order takeout!




Ingredients:


1 Tbsp butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 c onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 (6 oz) can crab meat, drained
2 c cooked rice
2 green onions, chopped
1 egg, fried


Prep:


1. Melt butter in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add beaten eggs and spread out in an even layer. Cook until eggs are set, 5 minutes. Remove and chop into slices.


2. Add oil into the same skillet. Once oil is hot, add onion and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.


3. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and stir to combine. Add crab meat and rice. Cook until everything is heated through, 5 minutes.


4. Stir in green onions and reserved egg slices. Top with fried egg and serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...